Your Future Success Is Our Top Priority
Earn College Credits During Your Apprenticeship
ACE has partnered with Credly, a leading digital credential provider, to supply IEC apprentices with digital “badges” that contain information about the training they have completed and the skills they have acquired.
Credly’s platform allows you to send an official academic transcript directly to a college or university you are interested in attending. The transcript informs the institution of the recommended number of college credits to issue, as well as the educational level and subject areas of the courses or exams you have completed.
You can also use the badges to spread the word about your accomplishments on social media, resumes, and more.
Get Your Future Started
Take these steps to move forward today!
- Contact your local IEC chapter to verify your student record is on file and all training documentation is complete.
- Complete the ACE College Credit Request form at bit.ly/ace1iec and submit it to your local IEC chapter to verify and sign, indicating that they certify the accuracy of the information provided.
- Send the completed request form to Patrick Merkel, Director of Education, IEC National, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IEC National will upload your information to Acclaim and issue digital badge(s) for your IEC training.
- An email from the Acclaim Platform (email@example.com) will be sent with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
- Once you have created your Acclaim account and accepted your IEC badge(s), you may then send a formal transcript to a college or university.
Each institution has the sole discretion to determine whether it will accept ACE credit recommendations based on the degree program you have applied to attend.
Per the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Office of Apprenticeship record retention policies and requirements, IEC chapters are only required to maintain five years of student records. Please contact your local IEC chapter to verify your record and graduation information prior to submitting for ACE Transcript Services. If you participated in IEC’s Apprenticeship Program more than five years ago, IEC cannot guarantee your record will be on file.