1. All Errata that are identified can be submitted by filling out the Errata Form.
2. It is advised to have Errata submitted by the chapter’s Training Director, lead instructor and/or Executive Director to ensure accuracy before submission. This ensures a layer of accuracy before the Errata Review Group assesses a submitted Errata.
3. The officially submitted Errata may then be located and reviewed on this Errata Google Doc.
4. Once the Errata are submitted and are viewable on the Google Doc, the Errata Review Group reviews it and either approve or disagree with it. These comments can be seen on the Google Doc under the “Comments” column.
5. Any individual associated with IEC may opt-in to receive a notification email update when any change is made to the Errata Google Doc. To receive instructions on how to set this up, if you haven’t done so already, please contact Chrissy Skudera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding Errata Changes to the Curriculum
After an Errata has been approved, IEC Education staff update the IEC manual files and/or test banks for the following school year. At this time, with the current system IEC uses, we cannot submit curriculum changes to ATP any earlier than March 15 of each year. All Errata approved before the March 15 cutoff date will be included in the following year’s curriculum. All Errata submitted AFTER the March 15 date will NOT be included in the following year’s curriculum due to the print schedule of May 1.
It is important to note that IEC National, the Apprenticeship & Training Committee, and the Curriculum Development Group have agreed upon this structure to maintain the high-caliber curriculum that IEC dedicates itself to produce. This is done in order to reduce errors in correcting mistakes in two locations, while providing enough review time to implement these changes. Regardless of a code change that year, the four-year curriculum is updated each year between November-May.
Errata Gift Card Incentive Program
For each correct, substantive, and ERG-approved Errata submitted, that individual receives one $20 gift card.