IEC Project Management Institute
For more information, please contact Paul Dolenc, IEC National's Vice President of Education & Training.
The IEC Project Management Institute was designed by and specifically for today's contractors. This intensive management education program is held at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- The IEC Project Management Institute is 80 hours of instruction in two non-concurrent 40-hour sessions with an interim period between classes for applied assignments and reporting.
- Classes are in session from 8:00 am through 9:00 pm with a welcoming dinner the night before and reception and a closing and graduation banquet following the end of the end of the last class.
- Class size is limited to provide an interactive experience and to allow the faculty to be fully available to the attendees.
Course Modules (including, but not limited to):
- Total Quality Management
- Make the Contract Work For You
- Managing Change on the Project
- Profitability in Planning & Scheduling
- Project Turnover
- Keeping Score - Labor Costs & You
- The River of Life - Cost Flow
- Keeping Score - Tracking & Logging
- Mobilization & Site Planning
- Increasing Profit through Standardization
- Pre-Fab & Profitability
- Everybody Sells
- What's the Bottom Line?
- Project Building Blocks: The Estimate
- Using Technology to Gain Profit
- Get Ahead and Stay Ahead - Frontloading
- Safety = Lives, Health, Profitability
- Winning the Change Order Game
- Effective Project Correspondence
- Negotiation Strategies & Techniques
- Managing Vendors & Subcontractors
- Short Interval Scheduling
- Materials Management
What this Course Will Offer
Owners, project managers, and estimators are recommended to attend. Refer to the following on why it is beneficial to attend these courses:
- Attendees will learn how to utilize and develop tools that will improve profitability and productivity as well as increase customer satisfaction.
- Interactive course focused on application.
- Course instructors are from the nationally recognized Department of Building and Construction Management at Purdue University and hold over 80 years combined project management experience.
- Class specifically focuses on project management - using real examples and case studies.
- Participants will obtain management tools that will positively impact their firm.
- The Electrical Project Management Institute is 80 hours of instruction in two non-concurrent 40-hour sessions with an interim period between classes for applied assignments and reporting.
- Classes are in session from 8:00 am through 9:00 pm with a welcoming dinner and reception and a closing and graduation banquet.
- Class size is limited to provide an interactive experience and to allow faculty to be fully available to the attendees.
- You will be expected to participate in the class during the first week, go home and apply what you have learned, as well as complete some assignments while away from the class, come back for the second week, and complete an examination at the end of that week.
To maintain the intimate, hands-on learning environment, space is limited. Most institutes sell out within days of open registration. Only prepaid registrations are guaranteed. Register Now.
$4,400 includes instruction, course materials, student manual, attendance certificates and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during both course sessions.
Attendees are required to bring a laptop computer for ease of reviewing the materials and assignments during the session. Attendees will be given assignments to complete in the interim between sessions 1 and 2 that are considered a part of the course curriculum. Participants choosing not to complete the interim assignments may be denied a completion certificate.
All course material will be supplied via flash drive. By switching to electronic materials PMI is able to provide participants with much more information than they could with paper copies, with much more interactive materials (spreadsheets, etc.), and the opportunity to insert materials in real time as fruitful discussions during class lead to the addition of materials specific to those discussions.
The Indianapolis Airport (IND) is approximately one hour from the Purdue University campus.
Although hotel cost is not included, a block of rooms will be reserved for students attending the class. Hotel information will be sent in participants’ registration confirmation letters. Transportation between the hotel and Purdue campus will be provided.
Cancellations made up to 3 weeks prior to the start of the first session will be offered a refund (less a $100 processing fee) or a transfer credit towards a future Project Management Institute. Cancellations made less than 3 weeks prior to the start of the first session (including no-shows) cannot be refunded or transferred. Substitutions are permitted up to one week prior to the sessions. Registrants who have attended the first session but are unable to attend the second session will forfeit their space and registration fee. Attendees may re-enroll in a later second session for a fee of $2,000. IEC reserves the right to cancel programs with low enrollment up to 21 days prior to the course start date.