*Price includes access to Level I's five module course for up to one year after enrollment and a copy of Hints for Highly Effective Instructors.
**The application must be completed and signed by the Chapter's Executive Director or Training Director prior to registering.
Level I is the first of three levels in IEC's Instructor Training and Certification Program. Level I is tailored to enhance the knowledge of instructors at IEC chapters throughout the U.S. This program addresses a new rule from the U.S. Department of Labor, which requires instructors to be trained.
Instructor Training Level I is a media-rich experience that teaches IEC’s philosophy, apprenticeship, IEC curriculum resources, and instructional methods through video and interactive activities. Navigation is simple with an intuitive graphic interface to the five units and easily accessible targeted modules covering several topics.
Level 1 Units
- Unit 1: IEC and Apprenticeship - Modules on IEC organization and apprenticeship.
- Unit 2: Instructor and Student Roles - Discusses instructor characteristics and student characteristics and how to create a learning environment.
- Unit 3: IEC Curriculum - Explores curriculum philosophy, tools, and an overview of years 1-4 of the IEC National Curriculum.
- Unit 4: Lesson Planning - Details the preparation of lesson plans.
- Unit 5: Engaging Students - Include modules on creating a safe training environment, methods of student engagement, and student assessment.
This is the link to the LMS training site after you have registered: http://ieci.atplms.com/portal
Level I features IEC instructors and chapter staffs throughout the course illustrating proper teaching of the IEC curriculum.
The completion of this online course will reinforce core IEC knowledge and instructional procedures, and it will also provide experience in the features and capabilities of online course delivery.
The instructor must have a year of teaching after completing Level I before moving on to the Level II course.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.