Things to See and Do in Fort Lauderdale
Experience Fort Lauderdale
While you're at Business Summit 2019, plan to stay a little extra and experience Fort Lauderdale, a resort city famed for its vibrant nightlife, centered around 24-hour casinos and other entertainment options. Its main street and focal point is the Strip, just over 4 miles long. This boulevard is home to themed hotels with elaborate displays such as fountains synchronized to music as well as replicas of an Egyptian pyramid, the Venetian Grand Canal, and the Eiffel Tower.
- Everglades National Forest
Called the largest subtropical wilderness in America, the Everglades National Park provides a necessary safeguard for a wide variety of rare and endangered species from around the world. Experience the beloved destination for yourseld and enjoy the many educational activities at this national treasure.
Broward Center for Performing Arts
Located at the heart of Fort Lauderdale, the Broward Center for Performing Arts is one of the top ten most-visited theaters in the world. It offers a wide selection of entertainment with more than 700 performances each year.
Go back in time to the home of a local family considered to be Fort Lauderdale's founders. By taking a tour of this lovingly restored house, the oldest surviving building in Broward County, you'll get a warm history of this beloved community.
Take a nice stroll along Greater Fort Lauderdale's 23 miles on sunkissed beaches - an easy walk from many hotels, restaurants and activities.
Looking for the best spots to capture your trip to Fort Lauderdale? Check out these locations for the most iconic, incredible views, and social media worthy shots!
Still not sure what to do? Download the Official Visitor's Guide for even more options!
Did You Know?
- Thanks to its expansive and intricate canal system, Fort Lauderdale is known as "Venice of America."
- There are 23 miles of beach in Fort Lauderdale.
- Fort Lauderdale is home to Port Everglades, one of the largest ship terminals in the world. It's home to nine major cruise lines, and over 40 massive ships.
- Clean beaches with pristine sands are a hallmark of this coastal destination. In fact, six of Fort Lauderdale's beaches have been "Blue Wave Certified" by the Clean Beach Council.