IEC is seeking short stories from apprentices in their final year of an IEC Apprentice Training Program. Submissions must be typed and not exceed 250 words.
The narrative must address one of the topics below:
How has becoming an electrician changed or influenced your life and where do you see this career path taking you?
What are you looking forward to the most about becoming a journeyman electrician?
The contest is open to all apprentices in their final year of an IEC Apprentice Training Program.
IEC National will award prizes for the best submissions. The Grand Prize is a $250 Visa® gift card and four runners-up will each receive a $100 Visa® gift card. Each winning essay will be featured in the summer issue of IEC’s Insights magazine.
IEC National is requesting that all IEC chapter executive directors and/or training directors encourage their fourth-year apprentices to participate in the contest.
Winners of the 2019 Apprentice Essay Contest:
- Grand Prize: Cory Rinehart, IEC Central Ohio, AEC-IEC, Denier Electric
- First Place: Josh Davenport, Mid-South IEC, Power Source Electric
- Second Place: Benjamin Rider, Central Pennsylvania IEC, Lobar, Inc.
- Third Place: Andrew Beal, IEC Central Ohio, AEC-IEC, Triec Electric Services
- Fourth Places: Ken Lonneman, IEC Kentucky & Southern Indiana, Excel Services, Inc. and Alex Trombley, Central Pennsylvania IEC, ASCOM, Inc.