Winners of the 2019 Apprentice Essay Contest are:
- Grand Prize: Cory Rinehart, IEC Central Ohio, AEC-IEC, Denier Electric
- First Place: Josh Davenport, Mid-South IEC, Power Source Electric
- Second Place: Benjamin Rider, Central Pennsylvania IEC, Lobar, Inc.
- Third Place: Andrew Beal, IEC Central Ohio, AEC-IEC, Triec Electric Services
- Fourth Places: Ken Lonneman, IEC Kentucky & Southern Indiana, Excel Services, Inc.
and Alex Trombley, Central Pennsylvania IEC, ASCOM, Inc.
Grand prize winner Cory Rhinehart’s essay described one of his first experiences on a jobsite. In his essay he wrote, “What I learned from this one jobsite was more useful than the last six years of work I had done before. I felt satisfied knowing I enjoyed the experience while I was learning from it.”
The contest was open to all IEC fourth-year apprentices. Entries were judged on originality, creativity, quality of work, and sincerity.
The grand prize winner receives a $250 Visa® gift card. Each runner up receives a $100 Visa® gift card. Each winner’s essay will be published in Insights magazine and on www.ieci.org.