Paul has been with IEC since 2013 and has successfully utilized his extensive background in education and training, and curriculum development to directly help double the number of apprentices involved in the IEC Electrical Apprenticeship Program. He helped produce record-breaking numbers, beginning with approximately 6,200 apprentices trained in 2013 at the beginning of his tenure to the current 14,000+ apprentices trained nationally. Paul also increased the available college-credit total awarded by the American Council on Education (ACE) from 37 to 41 for eligible IEC apprenticeship graduates, which further solidifies the IEC four-year national apprenticeship curriculum as a competitive player in the electrical education industry.
Paul earned both his B.A. in History with a minor in Political Science and M.A. from Virginia Tech in Curriculum and Instruction (M.A.Ed.). This unique and highly specialized degree allows Paul to help produce the most superior electrical curriculum within the electrical contracting trade. His experience has supported the long-time IEC goal of enhancing our educational programming’s online capabilities for all of today’s diverse learners. Additionally, Paul holds an Executive Certificate in Leadership and Management from the University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business.
When Paul is not on the road, serving IEC members and chapters, he enjoys spending time with his family while doing home projects with the many tools he has acquired over the years!
One thing you don’t know about Paul
He is a huge world history buff and plays the classical string bass.
Contact for assistance with:
- Live training on using IEC’s online platform
- Customer service for ordering textbooks and kits
- Updated yearly test banks for chapter use
- Graduation certificates for journeyman electricians
- Enrollment into the instructor training program
- Apprentice of the year preparation material
- Chapters collaboration on education-related issues
- Graduation guest speakers
- Department Offerings:
- Yearly updates to the four-year electrical apprenticeship program
- Continuing Education Courses- Electrical Systems and Training Series (ESTS), an online delivery platform for content delivery, end of year written-standardized exams
- Errata process to correct errors in curriculum
- Regional proposal process to receive input from chapters/regions for curriculum improvements
- American Council on Education (ACE) college credits program
- Systems or limited energy programs/courses
- Instructor training series for training IEC instructors
- Certified Professional Electrician Exam (CPE)
- Purdue University Management Institution (PMI)
- IEC Instructors Conference