Director of Education Operations and Strategic Initiatives
With nearly 15 years of trade association experience, Monica Dolenc possesses a deep fervor for and commitment to education initiatives, especially those closely tied to the principles of personal responsibility, freedom, federalism, and the American Dream.
Originally from Ohio, Monica attended Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana where she earned a double B.A. in Communication Studies and Theatre, with a Public Relations minor. Upon graduation with honors, Monica began her career in Washington, D.C., working her way up within the association world, learning everything possible to best serve missions and people with whom she is passionate about. Monica quickly mastered fundraising, membership, public policy, government affairs/PAC management, and communications in a variety of professional roles including education public policy analyst and grants officer for a large community college.
Monica has successfully provided written and verbal testimony on behalf of member-focused state legislation; raised millions of dollars in federal, state, corporate, and foundation grants; written published op-eds, research, and commentary on the state of national educational evaluations and policies; and represented members through numerous advocacy efforts, effective communication strategies, and membership recruitment/retainment programs.
One thing you don’t know about Monica
She is an award-winning actress from her college days.
Contact for assistance with:
- Live training on using IEC’s online platform
- Customer service for ordering textbooks and kits
- Updated yearly test banks for chapter use
- Graduation certificates for journeyman electricians
- Enrollment into the instructor training program
- Apprentice of the year preparation material
- Chapters collaboration on education-related issues
- Graduation guest speakers
- Department Offerings:
- Yearly updates to the four-year electrical apprenticeship program
- Continuing Education Courses- Electrical Systems and Training Series (ESTS), an online delivery platform for content delivery, end of year written-standardized exams
- Errata process to correct errors in curriculum
- Regional proposal process to receive input from chapters/regions for curriculum improvements
- American Council on Education (ACE) college credits program
- Systems or limited energy programs/courses
- Instructor training series for training IEC instructors
- Certified Professional Electrician Exam (CPE)
- Purdue University Management Institution (PMI)
- IEC Instructors Conference