Electrical contractors understand the value of their investment in an IEC membership. Along with gaining access to IEC's apprentice training program, membership also includes these benefits and more.
Membership is conducted through IEC's chapters. In addition to the benefits listed below, each IEC chapter has its own local benefits. Click here to find the chapter in your area.
A comprehensive list of business services, including shipping, debt collection and telecommunications services, of which your company can take advantage to save money today!
Training, Management Education & Workforce Development
- Nationally recognized, 4 year Electrical Apprentice Programs to develop qualified and productive employees
- Professional development program for field-trained journeyman electricians (2 years)
- IEC University management education sessions at the Annual National Convention (October 21-24, 2015, Tampa, Florida)
- IEC University Electrical Project Management Institute offered in partnership with Purdue University
- IEC University eCampus: Online courses covering safety, technical issues, business skills, and more
- Insights (published 8 times per year) addresses emerging market trends, federal government activities, contractor success stories, new product information, buyers guides, and more
- Online Member Directory and "IEC Marketplace" which enable members and users to locate IEC contractors, manufacturers and suppliers
- Electrical Matters and IEC Extension: electronic newsletters that keep you current on industry issues
- Members-only access to the IEC National Website (www.ieci.org) provides valuable safety resource information and a variety of powerful tools to enhance your productivity and profitability
Conventions & Meetings (member discounts apply)
- Annual National Convention (October 21-24, 2015, Tampa, Florida) - provides opportunities for members to share ideas, analyze industry trends, and attend management & industry-related programs.
- Electric Expo tradeshow providing hands-on access to the latest products from the industry's leading manufacturers and distributors (October 2015, Tampa, Florida)
- IEC National Policy Conference (May 4-6, 2015, Washington, DC) - provides updates on legislative issues that affect your business and the greater electrical industry and gives you a chance to talk with lawmakers
- IEC National Business Summit - offers timely and relevant educational programs for electrical contractors and an opportunity for members to take part in setting the direction of IEC.
Networking & Business Development
- Search engines on the IEC website helps promote and market your company
- Forums enable groups of non-competing contractors to share "best practices" confidentially
- Task forces and committees allow you to work with other members on issues facing the industry and IEC
Code & Safety Information & Representation
- FREE Safety Manual for all new members (a $150 value)
- IEC represents the industry in development of the National Electrical Code (NEC); National Electrical Safety Code; NEMA, UL, NECA standards, and various regional and national building code conferences
- IEC represents the industry to OSHA, MSHA (Mine Safety & Health Administration) and other federal agencies regulating workplace safety
Industry Partners & Member Discount Programs
- Industry partner relationships provide access to the industry's leading manufacturers, distributors, and service companies and their newest products and services
- Discounts on worker's compensation, liability and property insurance coverage from CNA
- Member discounts on services including Enterprise Fleet Management; Sprint; FedEx; Legal Shield; TransFirst and more
- The Home Depot Member Incentive Program - members receive a two percent rebate on all purchases by enrolling in this program. Enroll - http://cpr.homedepot.com/CPR. Program code - IEC.
Public Relations & Federal Government Advocacy
Representation of merit shop workforce issues, including state and federal employment regulations, project labor agreements, union activities (salting), association health plans, and employment discrimination
Political Action Committee (PAC) and Political Educational Fund (PEF) provide advocacy support in Washington on behalf of IEC members
Participation in state and federal apprentice advisory boards
Industry Career Awareness Program - working with organizations (SkillsUSA/VICA) to raise student awareness of career opportunities in the electrical contracting industry
Awards programs that recognize excellence and achievements of IEC members and chapters
Legal counsel - guidance and advice regarding labor law issues
Special Resources (member discounts apply)
- Textbooks, manuals, and videos in the areas of safety and management/workforce training
- Safety materials such as the IEC Jobsite Safety Handbook
- OSHA's Construction Industry Regulations in an easy-to-read format
- IEC logo apparel to assist in outfitting your employees